Do you like to have fun? We do, especially with our photos. We wanted something a little different than the average blog out there, so along with our super talented Blog designer we came up with a Favorites section - or "Wiebner Faves" as we like to call it. What is it you ask? more »
Well, under each photo, you will see an "I Like This" box. If you really like that image, if it tickles your fancy, or makes you laugh, or just plain old makes you smile - go ahead - check it. We know you want to. Each time that box is clicked on a photo, it adds to the running tally for that image. The top 14 favorite images on the entire blog will be shown as thumbnails in this section. Just so you can see the most popular images of all time on the blog. A little something out of the ordinary - it never hurts to be different!
Also, blog posts can be favorites. Now that we have comments available, you will see a little bar meter at the bottom left of each post. Once the meter hits a certain number of comments, its automatically promoted to a "Wiebner Fave Post". :) Something else just for fun!
Are you ready to advance your business? Education in our industry is important to us. The more photographers that are aware in the industry the better it is for everyone. Won't you join us in making our goals a reality? We participate in various workshops, seminars and speaking engagements. Listed below are various engagements - some are our own workshops, others we will be hosting or speaking at. If you wish to participate, please drop us a line or click the link to find out more info!
I find it incredibly difficult to write about us when put on "The Spot". "I need a 500 word bio about you and Joel, now!" Who can do that? How do you make your own personality shine in a few words, let alone that of two people? Well, I am going to give it my best shot. If you really want to know about US - who we really are - read the blog below. We really try to keep it updated as often as possible, and hope that our fun, casual personalities shine through in the words you read and the images we capture for our clients. The blog below is our way of communicating our lives - both personal and professional - with clients, friends, family and colleagues. We believe strongly in using words and images together to communicate our passion.
I am going to keep this short and sweet - Joel and I were meant to be together - to live, love and be happy making photographs. We were both photographers before we met over 9 years ago - we met behind a camera, and continue to feed off of that energy. We are a rock solid husband and wife team and we wouldn't want it any other way - we work together 24/7 and never tire of each other. We have had our business since November 2000, and have thrived on photographing weddings as our main photography genre since 2002. We love what we do. We like to think we look at the world in our own way - not photojournalistically, not traditionally, not artistically. Just as a Wiebner. If you like what we see, then you will like us too. Oh and don't forget to comment in the blog on our two little darlings - Haydn and Zane - they are pretty darn cute little Wiebners. Enjoy! - Rita
Well I am still working on all of our vacation photos, but I just HAD to get these up now. Tuesday morning at 7:45 AM marked Haydn's official crossing over into the big time - Kindergarten. He is now a cool kid, big guy, and ladies man. Check out the walk to school...
The first "cool" pose on the front steps of the house (don't mind our little teepee we have set up for some vines in the back).
Still being cool, getting a hug from little bro Zane, who has today decided he is a black Power Ranger. (Even though he is wearing blue Power Ranger gloves and has a Batman shirt on.) :)
Still sportin' the cool, down the sidewalk on our way.
Crossing the street with is camo' backpack.
Zane wanted to get in on the "cool" act, so here ya go.
At school, waiting for the teacher to come out, we had to get some goofy photos.
Haydn's entire class, except for 2 kids that weren't there yet.
Power Ranger Zane and Joel watching through the fence. Zane has the zombie look down pretty well.
And picking up after the morning was over, Joel arrived to them still running around furiously on the playground. He said Haydn was drenched in sweat from playing so hard. Inside the parents were allowed to come in and take photos - Haydn looks so tired! First day of Kindergarten successful!
If I could turn back time....98-99 baby! Thursday, August 30, 2007
One of our photographer friends read the tagged post below and was dying to see what we looked like when we first met. Here are two shots of us nearly 10 years ago - much younger and definitely much thinner! Hope you all have a good laugh - and yes, this is really us!
So while away last week we were tagged by a bunch of photographers in a blog game. Basically you just need to divulge 8 things about yourself that someone may not know or might find interesting. So I am finally getting around to this and let's see where it goes...
1. Big secret #1 - I was 110-120 pounds up until I had kids. Then Haydn came along - I gained 50 pounds during that pregnancy - had Haydn, lost 30 and kept 20. Zane came? I gained another 50 pounds - afterwards, lost 20, kept 30. Yikes! I have since put on another 10 pounds as I really, really like to eat (especially fast food! I am a junkie can't help it!) - and we work so darn much I never exercise. Whew that was a hard one!
2. I didn't have MTV as a kid. Yes, a sin I know, but my parents never had cable, and I led a sheltered life. Joel always makes references to 80s hair bands, and I never know what he is talking about - he looks at me weird for a minute and then remembers that I was a deprived teenager.
3. I HATE to clean. I would rather be strapped to my desk working 24/7 rather than pick up a dust cloth or wash laundry. I totally abhor cleaning bathrooms or kitchens. The only thing I "kind of" like to do is vacuum.
4. I LOVE movies - watching them at home and going to the theater. Theater is the best though - we try to go once every week or two, although in the last month or so we haven't gone hardly at all as we have been so busy. But movies were another thing I was deprived with as a kid, I guess I am making up for lost time. In fact, we go so much, that our own kids are movie theater experts. They have been to the movies more than some adults I know.
5. I never went to school for photography. Ok I lie a bit - I took one semester at the Community College - that was 10 years ago - but have always, always loved it. Everything I know is self taught or has been acquired knowledge through Joel and workshops/seminars we have attended. The passion for it is what has driven me over the years.
6. To prove how weird we are, one of my first dates with Joel was taking photos at the local park, Long's Park for all ya Lancaster area folks. We brought Joel's Nikon N90, my Minolta X700 (yeah baby!), a videocamera -AND- Joel's Jack Russell Petey. We still like to bring lots of equipment along when we go out on simple outings. If you see a family at McDonald's with like 3 cameras, iPhone cameras and a videocamera, photographing every bit their child is eating - yeah, that's probably us. :)
7. Hmmm....ooh, a good one. I was a band geek in High School. I played the saxophone and was in Marching Band for all 4 years. All of my friends were band geeks too.
8. I never flew on an airplane until last year - DWF Vegas '06 was my first time flying on a plane!
Alrighty - the good, the bad and the ugly - you just saw it all. Let's see who I want to tag now...
Well we are finally done with our travels for the summer, and we have a lot of great images to share! I haven't had the time to post much personal stuff in the last month or so, but I have a TON I am working on, so stay tuned over the next week or two to read all the gossip on what the Wiebs have been up to! We also have a lot of exciting weddings coming up this fall - also, if you try and contact us during the month of September, please have patience and be kind to us. We have 10 weddings this crazy month, so we will probably be pulling our hair out! Totally just kidding, but I am sure we will be swamped, so please bear with us!
Woot woot! i am so excited to share some of our recent great images with you all - STAY TUNED! And just to keep you interested, here is a sneak peek from our trip to California...
Office - Closed - August 20th - 27th Sunday, August 19, 2007